Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Things I love.

Since Valentines day is coming up, i've been seeing lovey dovey stuff everywhere. So I thought I'd do a post about the things I love.


I love making stuff out of paper, you all know that by now- I made this card tonight...today has been a long day, Jacob and I have not been getting along...so this craft time was much needed...

Flowers, who doesn't love getting flowers? Matt got these lovely roses for me, for our anniversary. But now they're dead, so I told him not to get me any for valentines day, kind of a waste of money...I'd rather get a big pack of multicolored paper! haha J/k but really I don't want flowers, at least not this year....

Chicken enchiladas, yum! I'm not a good baker at all, but cooking I'm alright. And for some reason my chicken enchiladas always turn out good. The first time I ever made them, Matt said they we're better then his moms! Which is always a good feeling when I hear that. His mom and dad both are pretty good cooks....

And on that note, I wish I had a picture of Sunday night dinners... Every Sunday we go to Matt's parents house for dinner, and I love not having to worry about dinner on Sunday...

San Diego, of course. When I was growing up I thought it was normal for there to be green all around you, trees every where, hills, perfect weather, and moisture in the air. But I guess not. At least my kids will grow up in a more realistic environment.

I know our house looks like every other house on the street (Matt sometimes will even drive past it sometimes haha), but the inside is what makes it special. I love our house, it's perfect for us. And most of all I love knowing it was blessing from our heavenly father. Most of the simple projects we've done have turned into more work then we thought, but that's normal right? I have to say though, I think it's fun working on stuff around the house with Matt...maybe because he's doing most of the work and I'm giving directions....




Who doesn't love a sleeping baby? I love when Jacob is asleep, for obvious reasons....but he just always looks so peaceful and cute, and it doesn't matter how many pictures I take of him sleeping, they never do him justice.....

Our new baby. I took pictures of the stick on girly papper, and boy paper...for scrapbooking purposes of course. And I just realized I used this paper to make my sister something, hahahah oops...don't worry Meaghen I'm sure I got all the nastyness off, before placing it on the paper.....


This picture has 4 things I love. Can you guess all four of them?? I bet you can't. I bet the only person that can is Matt.......okay no more guessing... #4- my sunglasses, I have to have sunglasses, if I don't have them, I don't know the sun blinds me. #3 and #2 are tied, Matt and Jacob! I don't know what I do with out them. And #1- knowing that no matter what happens we're a eternal family.

There are lots of other things that love, like my family, and I hate being so far away all the time. But I love when I can get out there to visit....

And I also really love sleep! And it's just past midnight, i'm sure this post is full of typos, but oh well, my pillow is calling me.......

5 comments:

Bud & Kim said...

Ok I love that I knew that your sunglasses were one of your favorite things in the picture before I even read the rest. I think it's because you told me how much you love wearing them.

Rachael and Jeff Downs said...

I love this post :)

Cicily said...

Dude, those enchiladas look amazing! You are the best, I'm so glad you are around.

Emily said...

It really is the simple things that we love and that make us so happy!

Rhonda said...

I LOVE SHANNONS ENCHILADAS.