Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cards

Today while Jacob was napping I got to make some cards. Actually The yellow card I made last week....


I got the idea for this card here. I know her's is a lot cuter, but she's a professional, with a degree in graphic design. So I just take her examples and try to make them into my own. And I just realized I used the same yellow polka-dot paper as she did...totally did not try to copy, but at least I know I have good taste in paper right??


Just a simple card to hopefully cheer someone up...


I think this is my favorite of the day... I just love the little bird (even though I'm not sure what a bird has to do with "best wishes" but whatever), I pieced her together myself :) And I just realized I used the same yellow polka-dots on all the cards I made today...I might need to go to the store and stock up on that paper. On the back side, there's the cutest blue hearts that I used for my valentines blocks...and I only had one sheet...so yeah I'm gonna need to get some more....anyways like you care.....I made this card last week some time.. A lot of the cards I make tend to be earth tones, or worn looking colors/patterns. I was trying to use colors I don't typically use, like bright yellow,bright green and then mixing in black...I don't know it turned out okay....
So that's all... Hope you enjoyed my rambling about paper :)

6 comments:

Rachael and Jeff Downs said...

Very cute, and I love the ideas you came up with. I just started on Wyatt's scrapbook...if you need to do a paper run, let me know and I'll join you :)

Bud & Kim said...

Your stuff is SO cute Shannon. You should sign up for an Etsy store and sell it!

jake and jenni said...

darling, darling, and darling! You have skills. Do you hand stitch them or use a machine? (I hope you say machine 'cuz that is alot of hand stitching)

Shannon said...

jenni- I did not hand stitch them, i used a white gel pen...

House of Smiths said...

OOOOOO! I LOVE all these cards! It takes me FOREVER to do just ONE. Good for YOU!
If I HAVE to choose... I LOVE the bird card! I'm so into birds on things lately!
Shelley Smith

Shirish K said...

Hey Shannon,

I'm Shirish and I'm Matt's colleague at work. I love to read your blog and I think you are VERY VERY talented and creative. Congratulations on your new baby and God bless!