Thursday, February 18, 2010

28 weeks!!!


(cheesy smile, I know, but your supposed to be looking at my belly)

Wow! 28 weeks! Third trimester! I can't believe how fast it's going by! And I can't believe how fast my belly is growing! I've been feeling really good lately, and actually starting to get excited about this home birth. I have to say I love my midwife, she just makes me feel so normal...you know when you see the doctor and you tell them whats wrong, and they write it down and tilt their head and give you a look, a look like "your crazy", or "how strange that you would feel that way" (making you feel like you have to prove that heads hurts or whatever it may be)...but anyways I hope you see my where I was going that, if not just enjoy the pictures.....Back to my midwife, I love when I ask her if I'm measuring big (every pregnant lady's nightmare) and she'll just smile and say "your perfect", and "the pregnant body is beautiful" ...and how she "prescribed" me more baths. Now some of you might think this all sounds silly, and no she's not a doctor, but she has had nine kids herself, and has helped deliver more baby's then I'm sure she can count. And the only reason I say she's "helped deliver" is because the mother is really the only one that can deliver the baby. (unless you do need medical invention)...I'm almost thankful for the screwed up medical insurance this country has to offer, that swayed us this way in the first place. (not being able to afford maternity coverage, that barely even covers anything!) Yes at first that's why we look into having a midwife, and having the baby at home to save money and not go into a ton of debt in medical bills. But it has turned into so much more...It has definitely strengthen my testimony and has been a big test of faith. I know my Heavenly Father loves us and has been with us every step of the way so far, and has no plans to leave our side.



-I know I'm strange but for some reason I like this picture-

And who wouldn't like this picture?

-I think he was dancing-


I don't know whats cuter my new kitchen mat from Target? or Jacob? okay okay it's a tie...


I love my Jacob!
and
I love Matthhew, how could I not?...


5 comments:

Rachael and Jeff Downs said...

What cute kids you have!! ;) It seems like I haven't seen you in forever...it kinda makes me sad...sounds like you're doing well though, and that's happy :)

Unknown said...

First off, this is Jenni. I took over the computer and Jake's name is the one on here.
I saw that mat at target and loved it. I pictured it in my kitchen and loved it. Polka dots. AHhhh.
I am glad you are excited for your home birth. You are a tuff cookie. You can do it. {if not I will bring over hard liquor that will numb the pain...if you want ;)}

Desiree said...

Oh man, I have to laugh, I have the exact same mat. And I have to agree it's adorable, love those polka dots!

Scott and Kim said...

I'm so excited for you and your home birth! I can't wait to hear how it goes (well, I can wait until you're due I guess :) You will be such a rockstar

Rhonda said...

I think Grandpa wants a shirt just like Jacobs.