Friday, January 22, 2010

Yes I'm nesting and I'm really enjoying it!

My mom gave me her "hope chest" for Christmas, I think it was my grandma's at one point. But anyways my dad sanded it down and painted it, and it fits in so perfect with our bedroom. The inside is cedar that makes our extra blankets smell so good. And while I was cleaning out the closet I found three small throw pillows. So I made some slipcovers for them. It was the first time I've done that and it was so easy! I think they turned out pretty cute. I felt like it was missing something....

Now, I've never really liked the pillows that came with our couch and after making those slip covers I felt inspired to make more!


Matt and I went to JoAnn's and picked out some fabric and TA-DA! new pillows! I love them. They look so much better with the room. And the best part when they get dirty, I can just throw them in the wash.

Now the only reason I'm showing you this is because I'm hoping someone will say I have a drawer like that! Now the counter top doesn't always look like this, but the mail does pile up there every now and then....And I don't know why but we tend to just stick junk in the drawer?


But now all clean! And the junk is now where it should be, put away....


I don't know why we hold onto every plastic bag, we never use them up...but they pile up and before I know it they have taken over under the sink. And I hate when people are over and ask to throw something away. It's a mess....


But now ... ahhh ... much better. Just cleaning supplies and trash can, that's it. And that's all there should be under there. I had the red bucket, and tried to keep everyday cleaning stuff in there, so I can just grab it and have everything I need. But I had a lot of sponges, towels and brushes just floating around. With the help of Target dollar spot they now have a home with a matching red basket :) ...

You might be wondering, where are all the plastic bags?? But I made a holder for them, that now has a home in the Laundry room. And the fabric matches our rug in there perfectly! so cute!

I also cleaned out the medicine cabinet, and couldn't believe how much of our medicine was expired! When's the last time you checked the expiration date on all your medicine? If your like me, obviously never!

After I got done with my cleaning yesterday and was ready to have a seat I heard a lot of noise outside. The wind was pretty crazy yesterday....so I opened the front door and found this...more trash! Our neighbors trashcans had fallen over and blew trash all over our yard and down the side of the house, I should have taken more pics. But when I saw this waiting for me at the front door, and just thought you got to be kidding me, does it ever end...

I picked the trash up for them and put the cans up right, but then when I left the house later that day...they had fallen down again...but he was just pulling into his driveway and I figured he didn't need my help.
But I must say I love this weather! I wish it was like this more often!

5 comments:

Emily said...

you are hilarious. i love cleaning and organizing... pregnant or not. i love the fabric for the new couch throw pillows.... super cute!

Jen Western said...

Those pillows are so cute! Great job!! I am super jealous about your hope chest, I have been wanting one so bad lately! And congrats on having a girl, that's so exciting!!

Cicily said...

Dude, you need to start calling me. I want to craft.

Rhonda said...

Hey Shannon, How come you weren't all into that cleaning stuff growing up ?
Everything looks beautiful just like YOU !!!

Trisha said...

Okay, it looks like you've been falling in love with Make it and Love it!!! I just made slipcovers for my pillows, decorated my curtains, made covers for my barstools, and the plastic grocery bag holder, exactly like yours! I LOVE it! Haha, that's such a fun blog.