Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Jacob is 2!


Today is Jacob's birthday! I can't believe he's 2! We love him so much, and he's such a sweet little boy. Although, I'm not gonna lie, he can be exhausting at times. He still doesn't talk as much as every other kid, but he's getting there. Here's a few lists of things all about Jacob....

Things he loves:
  • his monkey
  • running
  • hopping while saying "hop hop hop"
  • dancing
  • spinning
  • taking his diaper off (not my favorite)
  • throwing things
  • helping...he's is such a good helper (this should be its own list)
Things he doesn't like:
  • being in time out
  • when Matt pushes the shopping cart, and I'm around...weird I know
  • going to the scrapbook store, it's like he knows we'll be there awhile
  • being told he can't play with the computer (because he rips the buttons off, right now my laptop is missing 3 keys)
  • most of the food I cook for him
Best helper ever!:
  • when it's time for a bath he knows to take his clothes off and put them in the hamper, we call it the "dirty clothes"
  • knows where the recycling is
  • he know where the trash goes
  • puts his dirty dishes in the sink
  • puts his toys away, where they are supposed to go...very important, everything has a place (his wife will thank me someday for teaching him this very useful skill)
  • he likes to help sort the Laundry, even though I have to re-do most of it...and then it's very important to him that he helps push the hamper back to our closet and says either "help" or "push" while doing so
Words he knows that I can think of off the top of my head:
  • Mom/Momma
  • Daddy/dada
  • Matt
  • Milk
  • bubbles
  • bath
  • poo poos
  • wet
  • bye bye
  • nite nite
  • amen
  • ball
  • dog
  • one...two...jump
  • done
  • down
  • please
  • x-box
  • football
  • Elmo
  • elbow
  • eye, nose, mouth
  • shoes
  • help
  • push
  • huh
  • uh oh
  • more
  • potty
.........okay can't think of any more, but I'm sure there's at least a few more....

Jacob is going to be such a good big brother! He recently starting putting his monkey down for naps, and will tuck monkey under the blanket and give monkey kisses...and today he tucked monkey in with a book...it was so cute!

And yes I did say monkey 4 times, but we just don't know if monkey is a boy or a girl, so we just call the stuffed animal "Monkey" and if he ever starts asking he'll be old enough to understand that it's time to get rid of monkey.....

4 comments:

Donnie and Ben said...

Happy Birthday, Jacob!!

Emily said...

I can't believe he is 2 already. He is so cute and such a good helper. Happy Birthday, Jacob!

Rhonda said...

Grandma sends HUGE Birthday kisses, Im so sad I couldn't be with him on his Big Day.

...amd you forgot he says "Touch Down "

Happy Birthday Sweetheart and also HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO SHANNON AND MATT !!!!!

Trisha said...

How cute is Jacob! His party was great! Thanks again for susch a fun night! And I love that he's such a good helper. I wish my boys did the same!