Friday, February 11, 2011

50%



When is doing 50% of anything ever enough? WELLL let me tell you...trying running only 50% of a marathon, that's enough. One of my new years goals is to run a full marathon, and so far i've made it halfway. The last weekend of January I ran 13.1 miles. After I finished, I told Matt it was one of the hardest things I had ever done. Also I told him I didn't want to run a full marathon...but I knew right away, I would run another half. {notice i won't tell you my time, it was not good...i wasn't last but I know I can do better} But now with some time I know I'll run a full one.

These 2 crazy girls ran also, and notice how cold we look? Not evening joking, I could not feel my toes for like the first mile.
This is the end of the run...the whole run was on dirt, and through cotton fields...it was such a nice run, but I could of done without the faint smell of manure...
See that orange I'm holding? I don't know if it was the run, but we all agreed those were the best tasting oranges ever...

And just a side note, the last mile I was holding back tears? So strange, I don't know if it was low blood sugar or the encouraging signs/pictures of the kids with cancer....but running for 2plus hours, is a lot of time to yourself. And so many emotions were going through my head. Mainly reflecting on why I was running in the first place, I was running for me. {don't get me wrong, I'm glad my money went to a good cause} but I proved to myself that I can set hard goals, and I can accomplish them. Maybe that's why I wanted to cry? I don't know I'm still not sure, it felt a little weird...


So now onto the Ragnar Relay at the end of this month. I'm so excited I can't wait!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

I'm so So SO Proud of you.

Heather said...

That is awesome Shannon! And it gets me really excited about the half marathon Chris and I are doing in April. I think I too will be full of emotions...accomplishing goals is always an amazing thing!

Brooke R. Harper said...

Shannon! I want to run with you! Please! Give me a few months and I'll be ready. What is your next race you're going to do?