Thursday, January 20, 2011

Lilly's room part 1

The picture below is NOT Lilly's room, just my inspiration....


We started painting Lilly's room last week...And I knew I wanted the stripes...

Here's a couple before pictures. {see how happy she is, so glad her mommy gave up her craft space, but I'm not giving up the closet}

I picked out tons of pink's and narrowed it down to two. I'm not typically a "pink" kinda girl, so I knew I didn't want a soft sweet baby pink. So after much debate, and a skype conference with my mom, {although I'm not sure why I asked her, when I look back at pictures of my room from when I was a little girl I'm horrified, and my sister will agree} we went with the darker of the two..
and tada! one wall is all we did...I love it, but I know the whole room will just be to much, but one wall is not enough. Her room is tricky, it has five walls...soo do I stop at the window wall? or do i wrap around the closet side?
Below is the closet side as you can see it's not a huge room/wall and her dresser will most likely be on this wall.

So I'm asking- Do we paint more stripes? b/c they are cute? or do we stop and call it a day?? and we still need to frame her window, hopefully {fingers crossed} we will get to do that this weekend {Matt got an air compressor for Christmas and i know he's dying to use it...right babe..wink wink} and then maybe the kitchen window, since were gonna be getting the stuff anyways....muahaha

5 comments:

Rachael said...

i love it! I like the demo room cause the stripes make it look so long. But hey, the one wall is pretty cute!

Rachael and Jeff Downs said...

I say yes to the closet wall with stripes!! It's turned out so dang cute!

Cicily said...

Love it! I vote to do one more wall.

Jen Western said...

So cute!! Great job on the stipes, they are perfect. I vote the whole thing, but that's just me. I would be scared it would be too much too though, so I don't know for sure...

Rhonda said...

HEY...Your room was was perfect for the time.... all English Gardenie, I cant help if even wild birds would get confused and actually fly inside to rest in your valance made of Curly Willow Branches Raffia and Silk Flowers.

The problem was that it was such a mess all the time ( thank you Megz) that you couldn't see how it was decorated.