Monday, September 6, 2010

{she ain't even poor}



"she ain't even poor and she's takin stuff"...that's what I overheard someone say about me when digging through a pile of "free" stuff on the sidewalk..haha...yes I know.....my car came to a screeching stop when I saw the pile of free junk....but I got some good stuff! I kinda want to go back and see whats left....but anyways....I told my mom I would make her a chicken-wire frame for her birthday. I just couldn't find a frame that I thought would look good in the room she wants to put it. I went to Saver's and goodwill...I know I can be cheap sometimes, but I don't want to buy a nice new frame with the possibility of ruining it. Anyways there it was sitting on the sidewalk, as if it was calling my name! I grabbed it! And made it cute, not only my lucky day, but also the frames and my moms...


Poor thing has spent most of it's life gold...so we went with black...

ta-da..I love it...I just hope I can find one for myself...
I just decorated clothes pins so she can clip pictures onto the wire.

It's an easy way to put up pictures without having to buy new frames, which can be pricey....

I also recently did this in Jacobs room so I had some place to display his artwork. I also thought it would be nice for him to have some pictures of his family in his room..he loves it!



6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Shannon, Im so excited ! THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!

I LOVE YOU SWEETIE !!!!!

stacey224 said...

Super Cute!

Rachael and Jeff Downs said...

Such a cute idea! I've never seen that before!

Emily said...

That thing was free? That is awesome! It looks huge in the picture. That is a fun thing to do with a picture frame!

jake and jenni said...

love the ideas...i may be stealing them soon. :)

Trisha said...

So cute! I want one!