Monday, April 26, 2010

My baby boy is getting so big...

Yes, we are proud parents, Jacob has learned how to ride his bike (with training wheels of course). Tonight for FHE we went to the park and Jacob rode around the whole park, which is about a mile, he's now fast asleep in bed. And I soon will be too, he's pretty fast. Matt had to speed walk the mile to keep up and I waddled 10-15 yards behind.




These pics are actually from the other day, I forgot my camera tonight. And we do have some videos of him riding (I just don't know how to upload them). Jacob loves to sit and watch his mad skills on his bike. He likes to point and say "bike, fun and happy" mixed with laughter. He does fall down every now and then, but he doesn't seem to mind. He just gets back up and keeps on going. And the best part is when he gets going really fast, he just laughs and laughs, then we start laughing. It's times like that, that remind me what a blessing it is to be a parent. That something so simple could bring me so much joy.

Is it weird that I feel like I'm gonna miss him once the baby is born?

7 comments:

Bud & Kim said...

Shannon you look so cute! I can't believe how small you are and you're almost there. Good luck and I can't wait to see your little girl!

Rachael and Jeff Downs said...

I don't think it's that you'll miss him when she's born, I think you'll miss the fact that he's not going to be your baby anymore...which is totally understandable because I already feel like Wyatt's growing up too fast...

I can't believe how good he is at riding that bike!! Once he's off the training wheels you guys should go on bike rides as a family!!

Cicily said...

I like Jacob, he's cool.

Rhonda said...

The first time you hold Jacob after holding Lilly you wont believe how BIG he is. When your Dad brought Brian and Jordan to the hospital to visit after you were born I said to him...Did they grow in the past 2 days ? They seemed HUGE!

Trisha said...

Aww, what a big boy! How cute are those pictures! And I felt like I had some detachment issues with Logan when I had Jaxon. I just made sure that I still spent as much alone time as I could with Logan. Trust me though, you will have plenty of time for that!!! The REST of his LIFE!

Donnie said...

I totally miss my little boy, Ben. Because the day we brought Marcus home, Ben turned into gigantic man-boy with gigantic monster hands that wanted to hug the baby a little to hard.

But then after I had time to adjust, Ben is now my big boy who uses those monster hands to help me take care of his baby brother. Equally as good, but definitely different than before.

House of Smiths said...

Just out of curiosity... what is the shaving cream called?
Shelley