Friday, April 16, 2010

36 weeks!!

36 weeks! What!?!? I can't believe it's almost time! I'm starting to get very excited, but nervous at the same time. Not nervous about the birth but about life with 2 kids...I was at Target today and was just thinking, okay when I have the baby who do I take out of the car first? baby or toddler? If the car seat is in the shopping cart, and Jacob is buckled up front, where do I put all my stuff???? But I'm sure I'll figure it out. And never leaving the house is not the solution. I've been feeling pretty good, just having a hard time sleeping. But I've had enough energy to still get all my chores done. I have a big fear of this baby being born and my house looking like you know what...By all means I want this baby to be as healthy as can be, but if mopping puts me into labor then so be it. I can even see myself starting to clean once I go into labor just to insure a clean house.

The crib is set up and ready to go...I made her blanket and for my first blanket ever, I think it turned out pretty darn cute.

And this kid already has more clothes than Jacob.


She's now hogging half my side of the closet.

7 comments:

stacey224 said...

Very cute blanket! I wish I were as crafty and creative as you. Those same questions have been going through my head too :) You look great! Are you doing a waterbirth or just homebirthing?

Eric, Lexi, Reagan & Lakai said...

Girls are soo much fun! I love all the pink : ) I also love the closet shot, its funny how many clothes you suddenly find that you have for one tiny little girl. You'll have to let me know how the room arrangement goes. I'm not sure if I want to put lil' mister in the same room as Reagan or close up the den to make it a 3rd bedroom.

Rachael and Jeff Downs said...

Holy moly, look at all those clothes!! I keep seeing all these super cute outfits at target and I want to buy something for Lilly, but geez! It doesn't look like she needs anything :) But seriously, what does she need?? (I still need to get her something...)

I didn't know you were making a blanket! It looks fantastic! You should take another shot so I can see it better...oh maybe I'll just have to make a visit to your house...speaking of which, we really need to get toghether this week and do something...

I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to meet miss Lilly...you look great!!!

Emily said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe it is almost time! You are looking great and I think having energy is the best thing ever! The crib is super cute and the blanket turned out really great.

And there just won't be room in the shopping cart. I used to only leave Porter's face uncovered. The rest of him would be covered with cereal boxes and stuff. People would stare... whatever, he didn't care and he could breathe.

Jacob is going to be such a good big brother! Good luck!

Bud & Kim said...

Thanks for your comment Shannon. It's funny that you think I look tiny because I feel huge. I guess that's how it is when it's yourself your looking at. I keep thinking "oh my gosh I have 3 more months I'm going to be gigantic!". Oh well all for a good cause. :-)

Jen Western said...

Good job on the blanket! I have only made one blanket, and they take patience. I can not believe you are almost due. (and you look super cute!) I can't wait to see your little baby girl! Have you posted what you are going to name her?

Desiree said...

Lilly's bedding is so cute!!! And I love your color choice! I hope you're doing well and getting plenty of rest. If you need anything let me know!