Thursday, October 8, 2009

Choirboy

I am not sure how many of you know, but I love to sing. I was in the Phoenix Boys Choir for three years. I toured the western states, sang with the Boston Pops, and performed in countless concerts. Even though I did not continue singing in High School or College, I still sing in ward and stake choirs. I am not sure why I have not done more over the years. It could be that I was busy with school, work, family, or church callings. Maybe I was nervous about joining a choir after being away from a professional choir for so many years.

When a friend told me about a new choir, I honestly had the same first impression - it was not for me. After being bugged about it for a few weeks (and after several discussions with Shannon), I finally decided to audition. Last night was the audition and my first rehearsal. I felt like I had been musically famished for the past 14 years and was invited to a Thanksgiving feast! I look forward to developing my musical talents on Wednesday nights :)

2 comments:

Bud & Kim said...

Yea! Glad I could bug you enough to convince you. ;-) Shannon wait until you hear us. It's going to be awesome!

Trisha said...

Oh my gosh Matt, good for you! I didn't know you had a hidden talent! That's awesome that you sang with the boston pops! So cool.... and seriously, good for you for doing this! Good luck.... by the way, we totally want to come to a show, so let us know!