Wednesday, September 23, 2009

1+1=4

Can you guess what that means? I'll give ya some time.......Okay Okay, I'm pregnant. So we will soon be a family of 4! Well maybe not soon but in May. I'm due between May 11-13.... I have an ultra sound in a couple weeks so we should have a better due date. We are going do an all natural birth, at home in a pool of water....I know it sounds weird, but the more we've thought and prayed about it, it just seems right. At first we thought about this route because we have no maternity coverage with our crappy insurance. And we don't qualify for the state health care sooooo yeah. But we did our research and interviewed Midwifes, and now it's no longer about insurance. I'm all for it. I really believe our bodies can handle so much more. So anyways I want to make sure I take better pictures along the way of this pregnancy.... As of thursday I will be 7 weeks.....

So here I am at for 4 weeks......

And I took this picture so I could remember the "before" any baby bump...So please don't tell me i'm showing already, or I'll probably cry.... And Jacob just wanted to be in the picture.....

11 comments:

Bud & Kim said...

Congratulations! I'm SO excited for you. Have you decided on a midwife yet?

stacey224 said...

Whoo hoo! Congratulations! I also had a waterbirth at home, with a midewife. My midwifes were awesome and I would definitely recomend them, if you haven't chosen one yet. I think you will love having a natural birth at home (probably not while you are pushing though :))and being able to be with your family without doctors and nurses poking and prodding everywhere. Have you watched, The Business of Being Born? If not, you gotta watch it. A great documentary about birth and what goes on in hospitals and homebirths.

Emily said...

congratulations on your pregnancy! i hope you don't get too sick because i am sure jacob will be keeping you plenty busy!

Eric, Lexi, Reagan & Lakai said...

Oh YEAHHHH! I am so excited for you! I've heard that natural birth in a pool is amazing. I've been thinking about doing it, too lately. Anyway, we're happy for your family : )

Scott and Kim said...

YAY! Congratulations! You will be so happy you decided on homebirth. It is 1000 times better than in the hospital. You will love it...even the pushing is better (Stacey pushed a 10+ pound baby, so it doesn't matter where she was, it would've sucked!) I recommend Nacho Libre for your movie selection :)

Rachael and Jeff Downs said...

I'm so excited for you guys!!! Love ya

Rhonda said...

I love you

Heather said...

Trisha told me you were pregnant! How exciting, congragulations...hope everything goes smoothly and you don't get too sick!

QueenBee said...

SHANNON!! I am so excited for you! Congratulations! I hope everything goes well!

Trisha said...

So good for you,for being brave to do the whole natural labor! I'm excited for you guys! Hopefully you have a girl, so I can get my girl fix! :) By the way, Jacob looks so cute, and big, and lots of hair, and you look amazing, ridiculously skinny! Call me if you need anything!

Jen Western said...

Congratulations! I will have to hear from you after how going all natural goes. I would absolutely love to do that, but I am so scared!