Friday, October 31, 2008

It's been a rough week. Matt's car broke down and we had to get it fixed. He's been working from home since Wednesday. And then last night I had the scariest night of my life.

Matt went to bed around 10:00 pm and I stayed up to watch TV. All of a sudden I felt something on my leg. I went to scratch it, but realized that it was something inside my pajama pants. I got them off as quick as I could, but my leg was already starting to throb. It was a scorpion sting!

I tried not to freak out, but Matt wouldn't wake up even after screaming at him. Matt finally got up after I smacked him with a pillow. He couldn't understand what was going on because I was having a panic attack. He killed the scorpion and I had to call my doctor immediately. He told me to take Benadryl at night and 800 mg Ibuprofen during the day for the pain. He said it would last around 3 days. It still hurts, but I think I'll be OK.

Here are some pictures of the scorpion.


It was so SMALL! I'm not letting Jacob out of his Pack 'n Play for a while now.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Scorpians are the worst! Especially the small ones! My dad was stung and he seriously was in so much pain, and my dad is a tough guy. I hope the pain decreases! Happy Halloween!

Trisha said...

Awww, so sad!!!