Wednesday, May 4, 2011

camping 2 - Williow Springs


Our first morning thawing out...

Yes, we know the canoe is backwards....

very bad seating arrangement..haha...not sure what they were thinking, but they were brave enough to switch it around while out on the lake..
Grandma, Jacob and Lilly...Is it just me or does it look like Denine is trying to push Lilly off the bed???

Lilly is going for walk trying to warm up.


It was cold. The first night it was in the 20's {and yes all the people in their campers were laughing at us} because who goes tent camping in April? We do! We love camping and spending time together, getting dirty, not changing our clothes for 3 days, and eating lots of hot dogs. The first morning I went for a little jog around the campsite {only like 1.7 miles) thinking I would warm up, but no. My big toe was still frozen for at least a couple hours. The second night we had extra blankets and felt much better. We left Sunday afternoon and looked forward to the sunshine. I layout in back yard for maybe 25 mins and got sunburned. I might even say I missed the hot Arizona sun. What have I become?!?!? Anyways all in all we had fun, and Matt enjoyed spending his birthday with all his family.

No comments: