Saturday, April 25, 2009

Kitchen Complete...for now

Yesterday at 7pm Sears delivered our fridge. It's a black Samsung with french doors and a bottom freezer. It's so big! They had a hard time getting it through the front door and had to take the handles and the freezer door off. When they finally got the fridge hooked up, the Sears guy told us the water dispenser was leaking. We're getting a new fridge delivered to us on Sunday. With our luck it will be during church (starts at 1pm).

This morning I started installing our black maytag over-the-stove microwave. I used the template that came with the microwave and thought everything was going well. I had to go to home depot, but that's typical. When we mounted the microwave there was a 1/4" gap between the top of the microwave and the cupboard. DOH!

I was so hungry that I was ready to just let it be, but Shannon was having none of that. We took the microwave down and raised the wall bracket about 1/4". Luckily the toggle bolts didn't go all the way in the first time. We just pulled those out and could reuse them. However, when I drilled the new holes I hit the 220 V wire to the stove. Sparks flew and I told Shannon to go turn off the breaker. Shannon wanted me to call the fire department, but I called my Dad instead.

When my Dad got there, we inspected the wire and saw that I had only nicked one of the hot wires. The ground wire took a little bit more of a hit, but seemed to be ok. We wrapped a liberal amount of electrical tape around each wire, patched up the drywall and remounted the wall bracket. The microwave looks great!

Here are a few pictures of the kitchen. I hope you enjoy them.



2 comments:

The Lundell's said...

Looks great guys!

Trisha said...

That is seriously so funny!